Columbo’s career was on the line when he went head-to-head with fiendish police commissioner Mark Halperin in A Friend in Deed, but SPOILER ALERT: our man comes out on top.
Despite its dark themes and serious presentation, A Friend in Deed is easily one of Columbo‘s finest outings, and Richard Kiley is perfectly cast as the dangerously seductive Halperin.
NB – the Columbo YouTube channel has taken this episode down. BOOOO! HISSSSS!
- Want in-depth analysis of A Friend in Deed? Check out my full review here
- Love A Friend in Deed? Vote for it in the Columbo fans’ favourite episode poll
- Find out where the Halperin case ranks in the list of most Columbo’s most high-profile cases
- Access the catalog of full Columbo episodes here
- Visit the Columbophile YouTube channel here